Did you know that Tour Builder is not simply a tool for geography or map skills? Tour Builder can be used cross-curricular. It’s a free tool created by Google.
With Tour Builder, you can create virtual tours or tell a story on a map that includes locations, images, videos, descriptive narratives, and hyperlinks. These tours can be the retelling the events from a novel, tracing locations of a historical event, visiting different biomes or landforms around the world, showing animals and their habitats, visiting ancient cultures, or famous landmarks in history.
Tours can be viewed by others in Tour Builder, or take it a step further and import them into Google Earth for a full 3D experience!
Example Tours below (provided by Eric Curts).
- Lit Trip – Small as an Elephant – Tour Builder link
- Make Way for Ducklings Tour – Tour Builder link
- Animal Habitats – Tour Builder link
- Holiday’s Around the World – Tour Builder link
- US Landmark Tour – Tour Builder link
- American Revolution Tour – Tour Builder link
- Autobiography – Service to Scholarship – Tour Builder link
- Art – The Life of Kandinsky – Tour Builder link