Founded in a Duke University dorm room in 2001, Mental Floss has reached billions of readers with interesting content that answers life’s big questions and uncovers amazing facts.
With the Amazing Fact Generator, you’ll discover amazing things like:
- Opossums don’t “play dead.” When frightened , they get overexcited and pass out.
- Chinese checkers was invented in Germany.
- Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas dropped out of high school but picked up his GED in 1993. His GED class voted him Most Likely to Succeed.
- A black cat crossing your path (from right to left) is considered good luck in Germany.
Get answers to life’s Big Questions like:
- Why is Memorial Day always on a Monday?
- What is the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day?
- Why is the American flag displayed backwards on military uniforms?
Test your knowledge on various Quizzes like:
- Can you name these birds by their pictures?
- Can you guess which words are trademarked?
- How well do you know Pokemon trivia?