COMIC CREATOR AND DIGITAL STORYTELLING
- Flubaroo – automatically grade quizzes and tests
- Doctopus – distribute and manage assignments
- AutoCrat – automate personalized documents and emails
- Instructables – Online site for posting how-to do just about anything. Electronics, textiles, baking, etc
- AudioPal – Click, speak, communicate. Website audio for everyone
- Vocaroo – The premier voice recording service
- Todays Meet – Embrace the backchannel and connect with your audience in realtime. Use the live stream to make comments, give feedback, and ask questions
- Answer Garden – Minimal tool for maximum feedback. Use it as a tool for online brainstorming or embed it on your website or blog as a poll or guestbook
- Tagxedo – Word cloud creator but a step farther as text can be used to build bigger images
- Time Toast – online timeline generator
- Trading Cards – create cards on a topic of choice
- Wonderville – A facebook for kids, teachers, parents
- Typing Club – This online program will assist you with learning and improving your typing speed! Free and paid versions available
- Discovery Education – Subscription based service provided by the division. Passcodes are required to create new accounts. See your media specialist or instructional technology specialist for the code.
- eMediaVA – eMediaVA is Virginia’s premier statewide digital media distribution system featuring the best “purpose-built” educational content available. Brought to you by the Virginia Public Media Stations* and PBS, eMediaVA is constantly evolving to better meet the needs of Virginia’s teachers and students.
- TV411 – TV411 will help you read for success, fine-tune your writing, expand your vocabulary, get a grip on math, and explore science. TV411 is a collection of entertaining videos and engaging web activities, all designed to help you reach your learning goals.
- TED-Ed – Video lessons for all subjects
- Watch Know Learn – Videos for kids to learn from
- Khan Academy – Over 3,200 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice, at your own pace.
- Teacher’s Domain – Find thousands of media resources, support materials, and tools for classroom lessons, individualized learning programs, and teacher professional learning communities.
- Front Line Digital Nation – Life on the Virtual Frontier
- Slide.ly – instant videos from photos and music you love
- WebMaker – Make your videos pop!
INSTRUCT AND ASSESS
- EduClipper– Pinterest-style site for educators
- Project Based Learning – Design principles for effective project based learning
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence – Resources from federal agencies
- Teaching Today – lesson plans, how-to articles, teaching tips, videos
- StudyLadder – sequential learning program with videos, interactive activities, worksheets and assessments for reporting to teachers and to parents
- VSauce – A YouTube Channel for the curious
- PBS Learning Media – Your destination for PreK-12 educators that offers more than 30,000 free curriculum-aligned digital resources
- All My Faves – A website of websites!
- Big Huge Labs – Cool things to do with your digital photos and much more.
- Comics Lab Extreme – Digital Storytelling
- Geocaching – Real world treasure hunt
- Go Animate! – Create your own animations
- National Geographic – Puzzles and games
- Switcheroo Zoo – Make your own new animals at this photorealistic virtual zoo!
- Tools 4 Noobs – Slideshow Embed Tool for Picasa Albums
- Vizify – A mind mapping tool that allow users to create visual representation of their activities in multiple social media sites. Registration is based on invitation.
- VoiceThread – Create from images, docs and videos; comment by voice (mic of phone), text, audio file, webcam; and share by transforming media into collaborative spaces.
- Voki – Create personalized speaking avatars to post online.
- Blabberize – Make your images talk.
- Padlet – An online notice board maker (formerly Wallwisher)
- WikiBrains – Interesting brainstorming tool particularly for language learners.
- Last Pass – password solution
- MorgueFile – free photos
- Keepvid – download videos from YouTube or Vimeo, etc.
- TubeChop – chop sections of YouTube videos
- PicMonkey – photo editing
- HTML Color Codes – color picker for color codes
- Smore – create beautiful flyers and newsletters
- Canva – design your own photos, banners, logos, etc.
- Wylio – creative commons image finder with credits
- The Daily Shoot – blogging
- Inspire – blogging
- Tween Tribune – blogging site on current events
- Quora – topics that interest students at secondary level
- Medium – blogging
- DIY.org has a many good projects and challenges to try
- Exploratorium – has a Tinkering Studio with many articles, activities for you to explore. They also have a good blog to share information and ideas
- FabLab@Schools – project ideas, tutorials, and resources
- Instructables – users submit project guides of many types to try
- Make: Projects – the Project page of Make. Great for all ages
- Makerbot – has many 3D printing curriculum ideas
- MIT Media Lab Soft Circuit Guide – both high tech and low tech.
- eTextiles – Find ideas and projects
OTHER RESOURCE LISTINGS
- The Pursuit of Technology Integration Happiness
- Teacher’s Comprehensive List of Web Resources
- DS106 Assignment Bank